Hydro and Wind Project Development Manager
- Taguig, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
The position holder is responsible for managing complex projects that bring together all committed Hydro and Wind energy projects of ARI within agreed timeline and budget. Managing the development processes and preparing for handover to Project Execution.
Outcomes Expected and Responsibilities:
- Advance the development of assigned projects to construction-ready status by managing the following process and activities to ensure timely completion and cost-effective and competitive results of Hydro and Wind Projects. These include but are not limited to:
- Desktop investigation, site investigation, and other studies to characterize the feasibility of project opportunities for wind or hydrogen facilities.
- Planning, modeling, and other development activities associated with wind and Hydro projects, often in coordination with other development partners, from project feasibility through handoff to Execution Team.
- Detailed design, drawing production, estimating, construction methodology, delivery and implementation, and construction management
- Development and engineering budgets for identified and upcoming projects. Ensures projects stay within budget and escalate possible changes even before these occur.
- Supervises the Engineering process with emphasis on maintaining good engineering practice, safe working sites, good quality, working within budgets and timelines
- Document control and administration
- Communication and coordination with Renewable BUs to external consultants during development, design, and even up to the construction of the project.
- Prepares initial financial models to evaluate the financial viability of projects.
- Oversees and develops terms of reference for engineering, and design, ensuring that there is a consistent approach with scopes and commercial terms clearly defined so that there is no ambiguity.
- Ensures project development activities are being carried out in accordance with policies and guidelines established by Renewable BUs including Health, Safety, Environment, and Social policies.
- Establish and maintain industry and community relationships to advance project development by involvement in local community programs required under law or concession. identifies additional programs (in conjunction with the Stakeholder Relations and Compliance Division), and if approved, manages such additional programs during construction.
- Coordinates acquisition (or leasing) of necessary land and easements for implementation, post-financial close.
- Supervises the administration of all contracts related to the Project to ensure each party’s obligations are met.
- Leads and facilitates the following process to ensure timely completion, cost-effective and competitive results of Hydro and Wind Projects.
- Project Assessment and Design
- Quality Assurance system
- Social compliance processes
- Environmental compliance and securing of the ECC, land rights applicable for purchase or lease, and agreement of MOAs with LGUs.
Leadership Functions and Responsibilities:
- Cultivates a high-performing and engaged team by having regular and ongoing conversations, with the purpose of setting and communicating clear targets, developing capabilities, managing performance, and discipline.
- Creates a transparent environment by practicing courageous authenticity while operating on mutual trust, support, and respect.
- Promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion by respecting TM’s individual strengths, views, and experiences to enable innovation, better decisions, and deliver better business results
- Exercises due diligence and administrative responsibility in establishing and maintaining systems that sustain essential operational functions, such as completing compliance requirements, updating documents and protocols, and other such organizational tasks for continuous improvement.
- Champions the organization's culture, values, and philosophy by executing and enacting company policies, safety rules, and procedures.
- 7 years of relevant experience in Hydro or Wind Project Development
- 3 Years of leadership experience
- 5 years of project experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Civil)
- Licensed Engineer
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 5 openings
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture